I’m hanging my head in shame. I really am. It’s been ages again, but I’m real-life working on another post to come shortly — Days away! I promise! — and in the meantime, this survey from Kailey’s blog seemed like fun. [Bonjour, Kailey!] Some fluff for now and more regular blog material shortly.
Four names that people call me, other than my real name:
- Dr. J
- Jill-Chachi (auntie in Hindi)
- Bhabi (sister-in-law in Hindi)
Four jobs I’ve had:
- I’ve been basically everything at The Arbors, my family’s independent living home: server, housekeeper, dishwasher, stand-in boss when filling in for my grandmother who runs the place
- I worked as a dishwasher in the dining hall on a whim before Christmas one year. I made a ton of money really quick and actually didn’t mind the work at all.
- My first job after college graduation was as a sales manager with Hyatt Hotels, where I worked for four years at the Hyatt Huntington Beach Resort, Hyatt Regency Boston, and Hyatt Boston Harbor, where I later got married.
- For the past several years I’ve worked in development, as a fundraiser for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Jimmy Fund, and now, Catholic Charities.
Four movies I’ve watched more than once:
- The Italian Job (the Marky-Mark one)
- Any of the Daniel Craig James Bond films
- Finding Neverland (love, love, love it)
Four books I’d recommend:
- Another Country by James Baldwin
- Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
- Bossypants by Tina Fey
- Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri
Four places I’ve lived:
- The Jersey Shore (the real one, not the show)
- Durham, Newmarket, and North Hampton, New Hampshire
- Huntington Beach, California
Four places I’ve been:
- Stratton, VT
Four places I’d rather be right now:
- My parents’ house
Four things I don’t eat:
- Chinese food, for the most part
Four of my favorite foods:
- Sushi, especially tuna
- Mexican food
- Mueller’s crumb buns
- Green juice
Four TV shows that I watch:
- NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams
- NCIS — DC and LA
- Sports! Football, golf, Formula 1, baseball!
Four things that I’m looking forward to this year:
- My first post-baby run… soon, I hope!
- The Runner’s World Winter Run Streak
- Bringing my in-laws to my parents’ house for Thanksgiving
- The holidays, especially Henry’s baptism and first Christmas
Four things I’m always saying:
- I say hello to my baby in a nerdy Mom voice about a hundred times a day
- “Tell me something good.”
- Lately, “do you want to burp him or should I?”
- “Want to walk?”
Pick a question and play along in the comments, or share on your blog and post a link!